Friday, December 15, 2017

no title

I have happily given up my momentary flirtations with the art world, with the literary world. 
Who talks about art or literature these days? 
It's embarrassing, like talking about spirituality. There are some things we don't do, that should be left behind in the 1960's, left in reprints of Herbert read, in the hands of scientists who wax lyrical about the artistic element in chaos, in office workers wanting something more, in people going back to the art school after years in the lawn mowing business, left with people it might mean something to as part of a deep personal commitment thing, of how they position a great beyond to the exigencies of daily pain and personal tragedy and misery. 
I want no part of that... 
I'm nestled safe in the coarse blanket of societal norms and people's expectations. I think I'll be happy!!!

No comments: