Friday, January 31, 2014

The mortician chronicles...

Suddenly today, I remember the Anatomy mortician, his dirty clothes and his paan-stained teeth, who was the designated subject for surface marking during our 1st Professional exams. On my day, as I approached him with my chit in hand, he gestured with his hand asking me what I got. I passively replied, “Parotid gland”. He briskly pointed with his index finger to his cheek... Though I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown (every student of anatomy is, on the D-day), I couldn’t help but smile at his goodwill. I also remember today the Physiology bearer who, even before you touched his sole with your key gave you the best Plantar reflex. And even if your hammer slipped and fell on his thigh, you’ll be able to elicit the perfect knee jerk response you’ll ever see in your medical career... God bless them!!!

No comments: