Friday, January 31, 2014

Worst worst worst flight experience ever!!!

Worst worst worst flight experience ever!!!
Day before yesterday I booked my Air India flights from New Delhi to Dibrugarh via Kolkata (one day stay). Firstly during checking in at T3 I had to run from bay to bay and from counter to counter as not even their staff knew where I needed to report. Mine was an international flight to Tokyo. Secondly, my check in baggage weighed 18kg and they asked me to pay INR750 for the extra 3kgs. I had to argue as it’s clearly mentioned in their website that flights to and from the northeast states were allowed a margin of extra baggage. I had one cabin bag and a laptop bag apart from my check in bag and so I told them that I’d collect my check in baggage directly in Dibrugarh. After security check I purchased a bottle each of imported Black Label, Glen Fiddich and Ballantine’s from a duty free shop. I intended to give them as gifts. I landed at Kolkata yesterday as I had some work and today as I boarded my flight from Kolkata to Dibrugarh, everything was downright repulsive. Firstly, they have the worst ground staff in the world. All were aunties and uncles with attitudes worse than the staff of the local municipality office. Everyone was cranky and they looked like it was in 1976 when they last smiled. They had only a few counters for all their flights and were very slow in their work. I jumped the queue and inquired about my flight only to be received with a shout that I was late. I then moved on to my security check. There, I was told that I could not carry the liquor bottles I had purchased at the duty free. I went back and put them in my cabin bag and asked the reception counter to accept it as check in baggage. They declined stating that it was too late and they were keeping the gate open only for me and asked me to either miss my flight or dispose off the bottles. I talked with the CISF station chief and the terminal manager and they clearly stated that the airlines staff should accept my bag. But the Air India uncles and aunties did not. I HAD TO LITERALLY THROW AWAY THE $120 WORTH OF IMPORTED SCOTCH IN THE BIN. I reached my boarding gate only to realise that the flight was ‘indefinitely’ late due to technical snag and the boarding hadn’t even started. I felt like it would have been better on my part if I would have hammered the bottles on the reception staff’s heads for they were lying to me all the while. “The gates are kept open only for you!!!” I talked to the captain of the flight and made him know that Air India has the worst staff in the history of flying. That’s not all, they served breakfast with stale brownies which smelled worse than the ones they sold at midnight stalls in front of hospitals. They gave milk powder and sugar but no tea or coffee. And the flight attendants were all Dharmendar and Hema Malini wannabes in their late 40s with pot bellies for the uncles and puffed up buns of cheap dyed hair for the aunties. The flight was bumpier than a scooter ride on a freshly gravelled road. And the landing would have shamed even Launchpad’s infamous crash-landings. Just as I was calling it a day and got up to de-board after the flight landed, to my utter frustration I realised that the overhead luggage compartment was all flooded with rain water from Kolkata’s rain and that my laptop bag was wetter than Cherrapunji... I was already too tired to react!!! 
FUCK YOU, Air India!!! You are a shame for India...

No comments: