Friday, January 31, 2014

The phone call...

I was dead. The better part of a bursting hour they say. They’re doctors, so I believe them. I’ll be out of here soon and over pints of lager through the weekend, my friends would want to know for sure. How was being dead like? 
“You just pledged for the ‘been there’ club, bro. Respect!”
It was seven years back when I dragged my first chillum of hash. That trip is still patently etched in my mind. Ain’t death supposed to be an over-hyped irrevocable dope trip too? They say I was blurting gibberish before I had gone mute and fired up my trip. And that’s exactly how one flies on stash, I’ve seen.
And then suddenly I remember today. I saw someone in my death trance. Call it pearly gates if it helps you sleep, but I’d rather stay away from the term. It’s too girlish.
Thing is, I saw her. And I’m still surprised how come. We haven’t talked in years. I have seen her public photos in Facebook, though. Is she dead too? Should I find out by calling the landline at her home (‘cuz that’s all I got)? Wonder how it’ll go.
“Hi, remember me?”
“Kitu?”

No comments: